The Family that Prays Together Stays Together
Written by Cory Collins“How can a young man keep his way pure?
By guarding it according to your word.
With my whole heart I seek you;
let me not wander from your commandments!
I have stored up your word in my heart,
that I might not sin against you” (Ps 119:9-11, ESV).
As a godly parent, you undoubtedly desire to see your children grow in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. Here are ten ideas for family devotions.
- Each family member’s favorite Bible character: His/her choices and consequences
- Heroes of the Faith (Heb 11)
- Fruit of the Spirit
- Explain to your children why you became a Christian
- What are some ways that you want to grow to become more like Jesus?
- Proverbs: God’s wisdom for daily living
- A sermon from last Sunday
- A helpful bulletin article
- Why the church is vital
- How would Jesus handle current events?
These are ten suggestions you should feel free to use. But, the possibilities are endless! The important thing is the teaching of Scripture. What topic will you share with your family this week?