Preaching the WordHeritage Christian University, we take these words seriously, for we know the gospel of Jesus is the power God uses to save (Rom 1:16). Therefore, our staff and faculty are heavily involved in sharing the gospel of Jesus. On Sunday and Wednesday, you will find the HCU family filling pulpits and classrooms, not just in North Alabama, but wherever opportunity arises. During the summer, many faculty and staff members assist with several summer camps. We, like Jeremiah before us, have a fire in our bones for proclaiming God’s truth (Jer 20:9).
We know that you can’t be with us everywhere we speak, but we would love to see you. We also know that you would bless these fine churches with your presence. We hope to see you soon!
- Dr. Bill Bagents, Vice Presidence of Academic Affairs, will be speaking for a Parenting Seminar at the South Haleyville (AL) Church of Christ on Friday evening July 29.
- Dr. Ted Burleson, Associate Professor of Ministry and Biblical Studies, will speak Saturday, July 30 at the Brock Church of Christ for their Vacation Bible School. On Sunday, August 14, Dr. Burleson begins a gospel meeting with the Piney Grove Church of Christ that runs through August 18. On August 21, Dr. Burleson will join four other gospel preachers for a gospel meeting at the Hackleburg Church of Christ. On September 11, he will begin a seminar on the family at the Mars Hill Church of Christ in Florence, Alabama.
- President Dennis Jones will be speaking at the Leighton Church of Christ on Sunday morning July 31.
- Philip Goad, Director of University Advancement, will be speaking at the Allen Park Church of Christ in Allen Park, Michigan Sunday morning July 31. That evening, he will be speaking for the Flat Rock Church of Christ in Flat Rock, Michigan.
- Cory Collins, Dean of Students and Assistant Professor of Ministry and Biblical Studies, will be speaking at the Sherrod Avenue Church of Christ in Florence, Alabama on Wednesday, August 24 at 6 pm. His topic will be: “The Cross: Our Only Claim to Fame.”
- Dolly Leighton , adjunct instructor in English, has the following speaking engagements: on September 10, she will speak at the ladies day for the Church of Christ in Oliver Springs, Tennessee. From September 30 to October 1, she will be speaking at the ladies retreat for the Woodbury (TN) Church of Christ at Short Mountain Bible Camp. On October 8, Dolly will be speaking for the ladies day at the Lois Church of Christ in Lynchburg, Tennessee.
We pray that we can bless each congregation we’re blessed to serve. Stop by and be with us. Your presence will be a great blessing.