Thoughts for the Aged Saint
Written by Dr. Bill Bagents
- Acts 2:16-21, quoting Joel 2:28-32. God foretold that old men as well as young men (and men as well as women) would have a part in His unfolding plan of salvation.
- The fact that Moses was 80 before returning to Egypt to deliver the people. You don’t get too old to lead, serve, work for God.
- 1 Peter 5:5 with Leviticus 19:32 and Proverbs 16:31. The old deserve the respect of the young.
- Isaiah 46:3-4. The God who carries us and protects us when we’re young, does the same for us in our old age. He doesn’t forget or forsake.
- Genesis 24:2, which servant did Abraham choose to find a wife for Isaac? “The oldest, who ruled over all that he had.” Why? Job 12:12, when things are right, “Wisdom is with aged men, and with length of days comes understanding.”