Tuesday, November 20, 2012

I'm Grateful


In Everything Give Thanks

Written by Dr. Bill Bagents

  • “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God…” (Philippians 4:6). “Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you” (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18). I’m grateful to be able to travel for Thanksgiving. Grateful that Laura’s parents and my parents are still here and still glad to see us. As grateful as I was to go, I’m just as grateful to be home from the recent mission trip. I’m grateful to be off that very nice and confining airplane. I’m grateful to be able to go to work. I’m grateful to work around good people who are blessing the kingdom of God (Colossians 3:23-24). I’m grateful to live in the USA and in Alabama. Breaks my heart to read about some who want to secede from the Union. I’d much rather stay and work to improve things. I’m grateful that I’m not as smart as those who have pronounced the imminent doom of our nation based on Romans 1:18-32 and 2 Chronicles 6-7. I know and believe Numbers 32:23 and Proverbs 14:34. I also believe wondrous grace of Genesis 18:16-33. I’m grateful to know old brethren who have endured much and still love the Lord more than anything. I’m grateful to know young brethren who are investing stunning energy and talent in the Lord’s service. I’m grateful to know growing brethren of every age, who take 2 Peter 1:5-11 to heart. I’m grateful to know challenging brethren who remind me that I don’t have every answer—more than that, who remind me that I don’t even know every question. I’m grateful to know Jesus Christ through the Holy Scriptures (2 Timothy 3:14-17), and for everyone who keeps helping me learn. I’m grateful to be here on God’s earth. And I’m grateful that we won’t be staying here (John 14:1-6). I look forward to being nothing but eternally grateful. --Bill
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment